Benefits of Matcha Green Tea
There are a number of benefits of Matcha green tea for your health, which is why it is considered one of the best super foods out there.
TOP 5 BENEFITS OF MATCHA TEA
- Weight loss
Green tea helps to speed up your metabolism enough to make a difference to your weight over time, but Matcha green tea is a powerhouse if you're trying to lose a few pounds. Not only does it speed up your metabolism, but it also helps normalize your blood sugar levels burning even more fat. Along side a balanced diet and normal active lifestyle, Matcha green tea powder is an almost perfect weight loss supplement...
- Powerhouse of antioxidants, vitamins and minerals
Every day you're exposed to free radical damage that can harm organs, damage skin, cause premature ageing and other health problems. Luckily, your body has everything it needs to fight and neutralise free radicals by creating and using antioxidants. You just need to make sure you`re consume enough of the right foods so your body has the tools to do its job.
Scientists have come up with a measurement called ORAC (oxygen radical absorbance capacity) which measures the overall antioxidizing properties of any food. For example blueberries are highly regarded as antioxidant super foods with a rating of 105, and Matcha green tea has over 10x the power of blueberries with 1297 ORAC score per gram.
Matcha is packed with key vitamins and minerals your body needs to stay fit and healthy, such as...
- Vitamin C - A powerful antioxidant that helps protect you against free radicals. Vitamin C protects you against many of the harmful pollutants found in everyday life such as cigarette smoke and other toxic chemicals.
- Selenium - Another super charged antioxidant.
- Chromium - A fast fat fighter! Take Chromium and your body will be able to better manage blood sugar on its own. You'll also feel food cravings reduce, fat and cholesterol levels drop.
- Zinc - One of the key base vitamins for the production of many of your hormones. Immediately boosts testosterone levels in men aiding strength training ability and faster recovery. Supports male and female fertility due to increased balance of a wide range of hormones. Zinc has so many benefits, such as elevated mood, lower risk of depression, improvement in cardiovascular health, energy levels and cognition function along side a balanced diet.
- Magnesium - Often called 'the missing link to better health' because over 80% of people are deficient in it, and deficiency can lead to a wide array of problems, as it's an essential element that your body relies on to manufacture amino acids and hormones.
- Detoxifies & clears skins
So many of us want vibrant youthful skin, and we spend just over a billion pounds on skin care products each year. The real secret to great skin does come from within, the old saying you are what you eat is very real. Drinking Matcha green tea daily can improve your skin in less than a few weeks!
- Boosts mood & calms naturally
The combination of L-theanine and caffeine in Matcha green tea powder gives you a natural boost of clean energy that lasts all day. Coffee and normal teas tend to only give you a small jittery pick-me-up, which can add unwanted stress levels and energy crashes. That is not the case with Matcha. It's a calming state of mind, yet gives you focused energy when you need it. Perfect for today's busy lifestyle.
- High Source of Fibre
Absorbable dietary fibre can help your body control blood sugar levels, keep your heart healthy, provide relief from IBS, ease constipation, reduce the risk of strokes and aid weight loss. Matcha Powder has high levels of such fibre, making it a great choice to boost your daily fibre intake.
Nutritional Content of Matcha Tea (per 25g)
Protein: 2.55 g
Carbs: 3.208 g
Sodium: 0.05 mg
Potassium: 22.5 mg
Calcium: 3.5 mg
Magnesium: 1.916 mg
Iron: 1.41 mg
Zinc: 0.525 mg
Vitamin K: 24.16 IU
Thiamin: 0.05 mg
Niacin: 0.33 mg
Vitamin B6: 0.08 mg
Folaic Acid: 1 mg
Catechins 87.5 mg
Amino acids 28.33 mg
L-theanine 11.916 mg
Caffeine 29.16 mg
Fiber 265 mg
Vitamin C 1.458 mg
Vitamin A 242.5 IU
- Versatility: though essentially Matcha is a tea, because of it's fine powder form it can be used for and added to an abundance of drinks and recipes. This makes it a great choice for those of you who are not fans of green tea's distinctive flavour. You can simply chuck it into smoothies, shakes, use it to make cakes, ice cream, salad dressings and marinades! The list goes on, check out our recipes for great ways to use your Matcha. You can also get exclusive new recipes by subscribing to our mailing list.
- Exercise: consuming Matcha just before your work out can do wonders in improving your performance and achieving results. Studies have shown that by doing this you can increase your fat burning during exercise by up to 25%. Impressive!
- High Levels of EGCG: epigallocatechin (EGCG) is a type of catechin and a very healthy component with numerous benefits. It has chemopreventive properties, aiding the prevention of cancer. Cancer and heart disease rates have been found to lower through-out Asian cultures that drink a lot of green tea, despite behaviours such as smoking being quite common. EGCG's also help the body fight infections, such as hepatitis B and C, influenza, herpes and a number of other bacterial, fungal and viral infections.
As you can see Matcha tea offers you many benefits. Try it for yourself and never look back.